Wednesday, December 14, 2016

You are Welcome here! and there! and over there!



Coming back from a trip in Florida, I had the best idea ever! 

Well, at least I thought so. I had an image of creating a poster saying that all genders, races, nationalities, sexual orientation, religious and all differences are welcome here. Then I was going to print in my office, and distribute around town.

What a great idea! I was designing the poster when I went to have a coffee and saw a poster on the window of a store with the exact same thing (!!!). My first response was "I am late! Someone had the same idea and did it faster".

I had a mix of disappointment and admiration for who did the poster. "Why do I feel disappointed?", I asked myself. It lasted for a few minutes, until I saw the big picture. 

We live in a such competitive world that even something for the good of others can be competitive. I quickly changed my mind, "THIS IS AWESOME!". It means many people were as disappointed as I was with the currently lack of respect for humans - ad they are doing something about it! 

At the same time, I was reading a book called "The Aquarium Conspiracy" by Marilyn Ferguson, where she states that there is a group of individuals who are doing the same good things at the same time, and without knowing about each other. The book was written in 1980 and it's still so relevant to our time.

With that in mind, I simply joined the group, printed a bunch of posters and I am ready to share with the businesses.

If you want to do the same, go to:
http://media.oregonlive.com/window-shop/other/welcome%20y.pdf

and print yours!





No comments:

Post a Comment